Below are the Naïve studies that the ACTU is currently involved in. Click on the links to learn more about each of these studies.
A Phase 2b, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Exploratory Randomized Trial to Determine the Bone, Immunologic, Virologic, and Neurocognitive Effects of a Novel Maraviroc-Containing Antiretroviral Regimen in Treatment-Na´ve Patients Infected with R5-Tropic HIV-1
- HIV-1 infected men and women at least 18 years of age.
- Have not taken HIV medications.
- R5 type of HIV virus based on a Trofile test performed at screening.
- HIV viral load (HIV level) currently 1000 copies/mL or higher.
- Resistance to the type (class) of medications provided by the study on a test called a genotype.
- Patient has taken bone therapies.
- History after 18 year of age of fracture of the spine, hip, wrist, or other site thought to be related to osteoporosis or bone fragility.
- Active hepatitis B infection.
Click here for a flyer with additional information
For more information please contact Sara Powell at (513)584-6617.