The University of Cincinnati AIDS Clinical Trials Unit (ACTU) is dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by HIV and AIDS in our community. The ACTU is the research center for the Infectious Diseases Center at the University of Cincinnati. We are physicians, nurses, pharmacists, allied health care professionals, laboratory specialists, and administrative staff dedicated to the mission of finding a cure for AIDS and helping those affected live healthier lives.
The Mission of the ACTU is:
- To conduct clinical and translational research studies aimed at finding better ways of treating HIV infection and its associated complications.
- To provide access to novel and approved medications for the treatment of HIV infection and its associated complications.
- To provide opportunities to educate and train health care providers, allied health care providers and the community in the conduct of clinical research.
- To be an employer of choice allowing each employee develop to their highest potential in the setting of a supportive, team-oriented work setting.
- To advocate for those affected by HIV regardless of age, gender, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status.